Angie Craig for Congress Internship
The Angie Craig for Congress campaign is seeking interns to help us build our organizing and political outreach programs for the final stretch of the campaign. For those considering working in politics full-time, this is a great place to start!
Angie is running for the 2nd Congressional District, encompassing a large area just south of the Twin Cities, in what is widely considered to be one of the most competitive US House races in the nation this year. Help us elect the first LGBTQ person to represent Minnesota in Congress who will be a voice for working families, students, and all of our communities!
Field interns will learn the ins and outs of campaigns and will build the unique skill sets needed to grow a successful grassroots campaign. There will be a leadership development component to this internship, and you can work with your supervisor to tailor your internship to your interest areas.
- Drive a targeted voter outreach program, evaluating data to best inform strategy.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders in the area, building constituency-specific programs.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteer leaders.
- Assist in the planning and execution of GOTV (Get Out The Vote) program
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A deep commitment to progressive candidates.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to keep cool under pressure.
This position requires a 10 hour per week minimum commitment. This position is unpaid, but we are offering school credit to those who qualify. Priority will be given to early applicants. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org